Despite the fact that I went out to a bar last night (and sang karaoke for the first time!), I actually got a lot accomplished today and did not spend the entire day loafing on the couch.
1. Went to the gym and did the arc trainer while listening to a rather depressing podcast of This American Life. It was one about the recession for anyone who may listen to them and for some reason, it totally depressed me. The act about the FDIC coming in to take over a failing bank was really interesting. Sorry if you have no idea what I’m talking about.
2. Went to the Dekalb Farmer’s Market. Sometimes I get a hankering to go here but the problem is that on the weekends, it’s extremely crowded. It’s not what you’d think of when you think of a farmer’s market. It’s more of a warehouse type area with a ton of produce. They also have a huge fish market, meat area and cheese area. They don’t let you take pictures unfortunately, but some of the different fruits and vegetables are so neat looking. I didn’t end up getting that much. I got strawberries, raspberries, yellow squash, a tomato, some pumpernickel bread, peanut butter and a few canned goods. They make their own bread there too. They have these fabulous vegan orange muffins but they were out today. 😦
3. Went to Publix. You can only buy so much at the Farmer’s Market. You can also only be in there for so long without losing your sanity.
4. Cleaned the upstairs bathroom, did several loads of dishes and several loads of laundry.
5. Took Murphy on a brief walk during a small break from the otherwise rainy day.
I was kind of in a pissy mood for the majority of the day though. I’m not sure why. Actually, that’s not true; I know why but I feel silly about it. I was mad at myself for coming home last night and eating half a Kashi pizza and some leftover pasta. I know it’s a stupid thing to beat myself up for. As far as late night munchies go, I could do a lot worse. I keep trying to tell myself that it was really only an extra 350-400 calories. For half a pizza, 350 calories is nothing. There have been other nights where I’ve probably eaten half a delivery pizza and it did not result in me gaining 5 pounds the next day. Sometimes I feel like I work so hard at the exercise part of weight loss but then derail my efforts on the food side. The food side is definitely harder for me! I like to exercise; it’s not hard for me to make it part of my routine 5-6 days of the week.