I have five words that can sum up my post title:
Seven miles on the treadmill
Ugh! It was still too icy out to run outside (or I’m just a wimp about the cold, take your pick) but I was feeling in the mood to run so I decided to do my long run today instead of tomorrow. Yes, on the treadmill. Bleh. I did a walk/run combination. I just can’t run for seven miles straight watching the seconds go by. I walked 2 minutes than ran 8 and repeated the entire time. I like this method because it gives me a time to look forward to. Like if I’m at 46 minutes, I tell myself that there are four more minutes left until I can walk. This helps. Outside, I don’t need to do it really. It’s definitely more of a way to combat boredom than anything.
This cold weather that we’ve been having has turned everyone into a homebody. I’d much rather be in sweats on my couch than out. It makes the 30-day no drinking thing easier, at least!
Whenever I visit my parents or they visit me, they always ask me what I do on a typical weekend. I can never answer them. My weekends aren’t that interesting, I guess. But I thought about it and today is a very typical Saturday in Lee world and here’s what it looks like.
• Get up anywhere from 7:30-10. Usually closer to 7:30. Unfortunately.
• Feed Murphy and myself.
• Sit on the couch for several hours watching bad TV. Today included 1.5 hours of Teen Mom.
• Wake Jason up around noon. Talk for an hour or so.
• Eat lunch. Sometimes out, sometimes at home. Say bye to Jason as he leaves for work.
• Mess around on the internet
• Take Murphy on a walk. This can be anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and a half depending on the weather. Today’s was about 40 minutes, mostly because I was walking extremely slowly because I was afraid that Murph would pull me and I’d fall on the ice.
• Go to gym.
• Figure out plan for the night. Call friends. If no one is around or I’m just not feeling social, make dinner.
(Mediterranean Lentil Salad from Cooking with All Things Trader Joe’s.)
• Either go out or watch more bad tv and mess around on the internet.
• Wait for Jason to come home from work. Sometimes fall asleep while waiting.
Hmm, I do not sound like I lead a very interesting life, now do I?! I swear it feels more interesting than that! I guess that today was especially mundane. What does a typical Saturday look like for you?