Here is a recap of my weekend in handy, dandy bullets:
• Flew into BWI.
• Lunch at Lebanese Taverna with mom
• Dinner at Potenza with dad et al
• Hung out at dad’s for a while watching Olympics while dad and Jason drank scotch. (Jason tried to get me to try it but even the smell was too much)
• Ran 8.1 miles
• Lunch with mom at Green Papaya
• Watched a bit of USA vs Canada game
• Dinner at mom’s house (chicken breasts, grilled onion with squash, salad)
• Drove to Hopkins (about 45 min away)
• Waited about 4 hours in waiting room
• Order wedding invites! (Free wifi in waiting room)
• Was able to see dad in recovery for 5 minutes or so
• Drove back to Bethesda
• Met friend at Harp & Fiddle for trivia (we didn’t win, but we weren’t terrible)
• Went to DC Courthouse to get apply for marriage license
• Drove to Baltimore to see my dad. Stayed for about an hour.
• Drove back to Bethesda.
• Ate a very late lunch at Moby Dick House of Kabob
• SIster picked us up and took us to metro
• Flew home out of DCA
As you can see, it was not exactly a relaxing vacation. But everything went well. The doctors removed my father’s bladder and gave him a new one. They also checked the surrounding lymph nodes for cancer and didn’t see any. He was in pretty good shape yesterday. Well, pretty good considering he’d just had major surgery. He was even able to walk around the hospital wing, albeit very slowly. I’m so glad that this is over with. Even though he has a somewhat difficult recovery period ahead of him, the worst part is over.
I took everyone’s advice and bought the invites. And to appease my mother, I bought an additional little card where I put directions from the North or South and directed people to the website for more information. Waste of money, IMO, but it was easier than arguing with her.
Whenever I go away for a few days, I am always so anxious to get back into my normal day -to-day routine. I didn’t work out at all except for my long run while I was in MD. That was to be expected, but I really need to get back at it. Especially since my half marathon is less than three weeks away. Tonight is the first night of my photography class. It’s from 6:15-8. I’m hoping to get a 2-miler and some strength training in afterward. It’s kind of a long day, but at least tomorrow is Thursday.