4 days until my wedding! My mind has been all over the place so forgive me if this post is completely random! Actually, I think I’ll just do a bullet point list of what’s been going on lately.
• I’ve been lifting heavier weights and feel like I’ve gotten stronger. I used to do bicep curls with 8 lb weights and now I am doing them with 12.5s. I also managed to squeak out 3×8 overhead tricep extensions with a 25 lb weight. It was very heavy and I might have compromised my form a bit though. I am quite sore from yesterdays lifting session which is a good thing.
• I’ve been having trouble sleeping. If you know me, you know this is not normal. My friends don’t call me Sleepy Lee for nothing. On Sunday night, I couldn’t fall asleep until nearly 2am. Last night, I fell asleep at the normal time, but awoke at like 3:30 when Murphy barked and couldn’t fall back asleep until like 5:30. It’s not pre-wedding jitters, more like my mind is going a mile a minute thinking of last minute things that we still have to do.
• I made tropical peanut butter barley for breakfast yesterday. It was good. Barley is my new favorite grain, I think.
1/3 cup barley cooked in 2/3 cup water. Mixed with peanut butter, plain chobani, pineapple and coconut and sweetened with stevia. Basically the same thing as the carrot cake oats but without the carrots and with peanut butter. Oh and without the oats.
• We’re leaving for DC tomorrow night.
Our wedding weekend looks like this:
Thursday – dress fitting, bbq with Jason’s parents, maybe drinks with some friends after. There was a snafu with the dress fitting time but I don’t feel like getting into it.
Friday – rehearsal, rehearsal dinner
Saturday – wedding!!
Sunday – brunch at hotel, go back to ATL
Monday – go to work
Yes, I’m going to work on Monday. I can’t decide if it’s a good idea or not. Many people have told me that I should take the day off so I can sort of unwind and regroup, but I think I have like one vacation day left (not counting the ones I’m taking for our honeymoon), so I don’t know if I want to use it.
• The work day passed surprisingly fast. Maybe because I did wedding stuff all day? I am going to be happy when I don’t have to do wedding stuff!
• Have you been to The Gap recently? The clothes all look like something from Little House on the Prairie. What’s up with that.
• I’m thinking about bringing my computer to DC. I honestly enjoy blogging and want to get my thoughts about the weekend on paper (or screen, rather) while they are fresh in my mind. So you might see some wedding recaps, it just depends on what the weekend looks like.
Also, sorry for the lack of commenting on your blogs lately. You’ll forgive me, right?